Neck taping with kinesiology tape
Neck taping as ideal support for sports
We do not treat our necks particularly gently in everyday life, but subject them to daily stress, which results in overstrain and tension and makes bending and twisting the head uncomfortable and more difficult. If the mobility of the neck is restricted due to poor posture or tension, kinesiology tape can help.
By applying kinesiology tape to the neck, you can give it the necessary stability without restricting the mobility too much, in order to pursue your passion for sports (e.g. for training the neck muscles) or simply to have a more comfortable feeling when moving the head. Note: In case of neck pain, it is always advisable to consult a doctor who can determine the cause of the injury or neck pain.
If you have any questions about the application, our trained specialist advisors will be happy to help you at email@example.com or +49 7152 - 353 911 - 0.
Our kinesiology tape recommendations
You need these types of kinesiology tape for neck taping
As kinesiology tape is suitable for a variety of applications on different parts of the body, some applications require the tape strips to be cut to size. You can choose the colours of the kinesiology tape according to your personal taste.
Our kinesiology tapes are uncut on a roll and can therefore be cut individually. As a guideline for the I and Y tapes, we recommend 25 cm long tape strips. For some applications, e.g. on the wrist, you can also use shorter tape strips. Some applications require the tape bandage to be applied with tension.
Neck taping: Step 1
Apply the first Y-Tape with the wide side down slightly below the nape of the neck and then apply the two narrow strips of tape to the right and left of the cervical spine to just below the hairline.
Neck taping: Step 2
Take the I-Tape and tear it in the middle so that you can stick the kinesiology tape in the middle. Now stick the tape strip across the previously applied Y-tape, approximately at the level of the junction of the two thin strips. For taping several strips on top of each other, it is recommended to use tapes with different colours.
Tips before applying kinesiology tape on the neck
- Make sure your skin is dry and clean before taping. It is also advisable to shave the neck area before application so that the kinesiology tape holds better and removal after application is more comfortable.
- Round off the edges with scissors before taping the neck so that the corners do not peel off so quickly. Some applications can be taped comfortably by yourself, for some applications you should ask another person for support. The application of the kinesiology tape for the neck can also be done alone with a little practice, if you have a helping hand at your side, this makes the taping in the area of the neck easier.
- After applying the tape, rub the tape on the neck several times to activate the adhesive.
- It is normal and also intended that waves form on the tape after application when the muscles relax. These are even intentional and are called convolutions. These mainly occur when you tilt your head back and place it on the back of your neck.
Benefits of kinesiology tapes
Due to many positive testimonials from patients, kinesiology tape is also frequently used by physiotherapists. In addition to the minimal possible side effects when used correctly, it helps a number of patients with tension in the neck or to support mobility. This is what distinguishes the tape bandage in different colours:
- Waterproof and breathable, which makes it suitable for showering and swimming.
- Skin-friendly, as the adhesive surface is made of acrylic adhesive and is latex-free. The adhesive strength makes it possible to use the bandage for days.
- In case of unpleasant movements or movement restrictions in the neck, the supporting and stabilising effect of the tape makes it possible to move more comfortably, for example to do sports.
- Due to the elasticity of the tape, the tension in the neck area can be varied and adapted to the needs of the body part.
Important note before taping
To ensure the compatibility of the kinesiology tape with your skin, we recommend that you test a small piece of tape on your skin beforehand and leave it there for about 30 minutes.
If you experience itching or an allergic reaction, remove the kinesiology tape and stop the treatment.
The world of axion
We are happy to advise you
You still have questions about kinesiology tape? Do not hesitate to contact us!