Knee Stability With Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS)
EMS devices and electrodes recommendations
EMS training for knee stability
Our knee joint is subjected to a great deal of stress in everyday life. It bears about half of our body weight when we walk. Ligaments and muscles help to stabilise the knee joint under this load. Support the stabilisation of the knee and prevent pain with an EMS machine. A strengthened musculature relieves the knee.
How to place EMS pads for knee stability training
EMS devices and electrode recommendations
The optimal program for your application
Since the stress sensations and goals of EMS training are very individual, we have compiled an overview with different needs for you. Simply connect and attach the muscle stimulator pads, select the program and start the training:
All programs are included in our TENS-EMS combo machine STIM-PRO X9.
Exercise To Build Buscles Around Your Knee
You do not have to perform any movements during EMS training. However, if you want to intensify your training, you can also perform the following 2 exercises for muscle building during EMS training. You only have to place the electrode pads as shown and select the recommended program.
- Stand up tall
- Step forward with one foot. Thefront lunging leg should reach a 90-degree-angle
- Return to the start position
- Repeat the exercise several time and don't forget to switch off between legs
- Stand up tall with your feet slightly wider than your hips
- Your toes should be pointed slightly outward
- Put your arms straight out in front of you. They should be parallel to the ground
- Squat down until your hip joint is lower than your knees.
- Your knees should be in a line to your feet
- Stand back up from your squat
- Repeat for about 10 times
The current strength should be set so that the intended muscle contracts significantly without feeling pain.
Before your workout you should warm up the muscles to prepare them for the upcoming exercise load. Our EMS TENS combo machine offers pre-installed warm-up-programs, which automatically start right before the actual training program. Therefore you can train very relaxed.